Revenue Managment Executive
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Directly connected to the world-renowned mall, the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel is a gathering place for corporate travelers, vacationers, and shoppers alike. The hotel is centrally located, with easy access to such destinations as Jumeirah, Dubai Marina, Jebel Ali Free Zone, and Dubai World Trade Center. Dubai International Airport (DXB) is only 20 minutes away by car.
Each of our 481 welcoming guest rooms and suites provides outstanding city views, an LCD flat screen TV, wireless High Speed Internet Access, and the plush Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed. Our full-service hotel has a wealth of options for a leisurely stay including a Spa, sauna and whirlpool, fitness center and rooftop pool. Featuring state-of-the-art technology, nine meeting rooms can accommodate a variety of functions. Plus, our well-equipped business center provides support services to help you stay productive and in touch.
• Strategy Support: By assisting the Director of Revenue Management with essential administrative duties and fulfill reporting and analysis tasks, it will ensure that the RM strategies as defined by the team can be executed in an efficient and pro-active manner. Providing contingency in the event of absence is also an important element in the delivery of strategy objectives.
• Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand the impact of relative pricing decisions on property performance. Perform competitor checks and report as appropriate.
• Assist the DOR in identifying soft periods and developing promotions and strategies
• Support the DOR in effective implementation of Starwood Revenue Management Standards, Policies & Procedures. (Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segmentation, Profiles and all other PMS/IPS related RM functionality.)
• Action Rate Solicitations as directed and maintain rate plans. Work with DORM/RM to implement the suggestions of CRMT Audit Recommendations.
• Ensure the hotel has Best Rate Guarantee compliance, and work with the DOR to minimize/eliminate BRG claims against the hotel/complex
• Assist the DOR with daily updates of the Revenue Plan, balancing all figures with the PMS and FRS, and ensure all data input into the system is accurate. (Geo Source, Product Quality, Pricing) Assist with all aspects of budget preparation.
• Assist in the preparation of 30-60-90 day fully updated Forecasts in the Revenue Plan Forecast Tool on a monthly basis. Work with the DOR to prepare longer term forecasts and achieve hotel forecast accuracy goals.
• Responsible for Startrack setup (flagging and tracking of company profiles in Opera) and on-going monitoring of account production. Liaise with the sales team and advise where accounts are not meeting rev par contribution goals.
• Participate in the property’s weekly Revenue Management/Strategy Meeting and contribute to the Daily Operations Meeting. Act as the representative of the DOR when he/she is unavailable.
To qualify for this position the candidate must express a keen interest in a Revenue Management career and possess technical aptitude with good analytical skills. Specific requirements include:
• Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
• Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think out side of the box”
• Ability to analyse financial statements and market data
• Detail oriented and hands on
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong command of English in both
• Potential to develop into a leader, motivate and develop associates
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
• Must possess strong computer skills, inc Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word) Opera PMS/S&C or Fidelio/Delphi, IPS*, PRSNet*,TLPe*,TLGO*&Revenue Plan, *where applicable
Professional Certification (University Degree, Hotel School Diploma)
Minimum 1 year experience in a Luxury Hotel, preferably working in a Front Desk, or reservations capacity. However, candidates with other backgrounds, and the right aptitude will be considered.