Sous Chef (European Candidates Preferred)
Competitive expatriate package
Full job details
Reminiscent of a 16th century Italian Palace, Palazzo Versace Dubai is a Neoclassical masterpiece with subtle traces of Arabian architecture. Featuring a striking entrance, high ceilings, landscaped gardens, and a range of well-crafted Italian furnishings, the hotel is truly symbolic of the Versace lifestyle.
Set in the heart of the Culture Village, less than 15 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and 8 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Downtown Dubai, Palazzo Versace Dubai is conveniently located along the shores of the historic Dubai Creek. On arrival one is welcomed by the striking ‘Pietra di Fiume’ design of the iconic Medusa and Greek décor. A walk through the 5-star hotel’s public spaces reveals several exclusive designs and fabrics from the House of Versace, while the lagoon pools and reflection ponds complement the serenity of the lush gardens that surround the hotel – a true luxury retreat for leisure travellers.
Every single piece of furniture and fabric that adorns the hotel’s 215 hotel rooms and suites, and 169 residences, is designed and tailor-made by the House of Versace exclusively for the Palazzo Versace Hotel in Dubai. Each of the hotel’s 8 restaurants and bars is designed to have an al fresco terrace to reflect the heritage of Palazzos, where the internal court was the informal space to meet, dine and enjoy the weather. The three outdoor pools are decorated with mosaic tiles and surrounded by palm trees and flowers. The beautifully landscaped gardens and unobstructed views of the Dubai Creek and skyline, make this luxury hotel an ideal venue for weddings and social events in Dubai.
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Chef de Cuisine in ensuring the proper running of the kitchen department as a whole. He/she is to ensure that agreed quality, hygiene and other standards are kept or surpassed, at all times, by subordinates.
Provide professional support to the Kitchen in the following:
- Provide professional support to the Kitchen in the following:
- Check standard recipes ensuring proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality
- Write daily food requisitions and kitchens transfers in order to achieve the stock rotation desired
- Ensure that there is a sufficient supply of chinaware for banquet functions, cocktail parties, etc.
- Check food preparation, cost, quality, quantity and portion control daily
- Inspect all refrigerated areas and ensure regular turnover of food items
- Liaise with other Sous Chefs and Chef de Cuisine regarding items or staff needed from other departments
- Be present and assist with the preparation of food
- Responsible for the direct supervision of all employees of the department
- Organize and plan annual leave schedules
- Organize training sessions for staff
- Be aware of, and comply with, safe working practices as laid down under FLS. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place
- Adhere to all procedures regarding Health & safety and HACCP standards.
- A total of 5-8 year Culinary experience.
- 2 years minimum in a similar role in a 5 * international environment.
- Additional relevant qualifications: Menu planning and recipes knowledge, Excellent Food and Beverage knowledge, Administration abilities, Cost control knowledge, Good kitchen organization experience.
- Basic knowledge in financial aspects of outlet operations.
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
- Train the Trainer, Up-selling skills training, HACCP.