Fitness Manager - Talise Fitness - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
Talise is Jumeirah's global wellness brand, launched in 2007. Created to encompass all the elements that define a person's lifestyle, the Talise experience incorporates nutrition, exercise and fitness, alternative therapies, traditional spa treatments and mind/body therapies. Each Talise destination provides a venue for positive lifestyle-change through a selection of treatments and spa experiences tailored to individual guest needs.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Talise Fitness for a Fitness Manager. The main purpose of this role is to plan / organize and direct the overall operation of the Fitness division within Talise Fitness, maintaining established quality standards. To plan, implement and promote activities throughout the club including special events.
Your main duties would include:
- Conduct interviews with candidates to ensure quality hires
- Training and supervising colleagues, including drawing up colleague rotas
- Ensure that team members are appraised, consulted and developed for mutual benefit and continuous growth
- Designing and promoting activities to meet customer demand and generate revenue
- Writing monthly or weekly reports and preparing cash projections
- Counter check the freelance and colleague commission claim papers and send them to Finance for payment
- Carrying out health & safety on facility and plant (snag list) and arranging for maintenance, repairs and cleaning of facility and equipment
- Maintaining the Jumeirah high levels of customer service with the focus of avoiding the loss of existing members and achieving set customer service standards
- Delivering fitness training or coaching where applicable
- Handling complaints and incidents
- To manage stated areas ensuring a smooth and efficient operation
- To actively promote and encourage participation of guests and club members in activities
- To report to the Talise Fitness General Manager on a regular basis while also coordinating with the other hotel departments
- Arrange the monthly Group Exercise schedule
- Monitoring the fitness levels of the Personal Trainers to ensure that they are adhering to set personal fitness standards
- Monitor the new member journey tracker and ensure that all PT's are following the set standards
- Monitor and assist all Personal Trainers to achieve set targets of 100 PT sessions per month
- Performance management of colleagues when required to ensure high levels of consistency throughout the operation
- To maintain a high level of personal fitness with an aspirational physique, in order to lead by example
In order to be considered for this role, you must have obtained and passed a Personal Training Certification from a reputable organisation such as The American Council on Exercise (ACE) or similar, with an equivalent of REPS level 3, and have experience working in the Health and Fitness industry in a 5 star Hospitality environment.
You must have good interpersonal, time management and organisational skills; and the ability to work within, as well as to lead and motivate, a team. Being customer-focused, approachable and outgoing in personality; and the ability to relate to the requirements of customers from all age groups and sectors of society.
You should also have good communication skills. Fluency in a second language other than English is desirable. You must be organised and able to prioritise work and work to deadlines with a competent MS Office skills.