We invite you to be part of The Ajman Palace - managed by HMH. Set on a private beach offering captivating views of the Arabian Gulf, this alluring hideaway is a heritage resort with a modern spirit. For our 5-star lifestyle resort, we are looking for a Pastry Chef.
Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, the Pastry Chef is responsible for directing the Pastry and Bakery preparation, production and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities at the hotel while ensuring the pastry and bakery kitchen areas comply with the company’s HACCP standard at all times.
- Ensures smooth operation in the Kitchen, proper product control & quantity of produced items
- Excellent knowledge in handling all day pastry and bakery kitchen operations
- Provides supervision, coaching and training to all Pastry kitchen colleagues requirements & guest engagement
- Strong Knowledge on Pastry and Bakery kitchen Cost Control
- Knowledgeable on Recipe Writing, Ordering of Food & Store Room Requisitions
- Ensure the highest level of food safety by strictly enforcing the hotel’s HACCP guidelines
- Handles guest feedback with regards to quality, variety of food and team’s performance & takes corrective actions based on their feed back
- Maintains good relations with internal & external customers
- Creative and innovative in production, and stylish in presentation.
- Adaptable to customer demands and be able to lead and motivate a team of talented chefs.
- Hands-on and highly creative Chef, familiar with international and modern concepts in pastry and bakery production.
- Diploma or Degree in culinary with a minimum 5 years of experience out of which, at least 1 year as an Assistant Pastry Chef.
- Good knowledge of Pastry Products such as cakes, pies, mousses, French pastry and local hot & cold desserts
- Well versed on HACCP and Food Safety Guidelines
- Able to lead and develop a Multi-cultural Team
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills in English language (oral and written)
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Micros and Requisition Systems)
- Able to work under pressure