Senior Sales Manager - Corporate
Full job details
Located in the heart of the city, the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai is just 10 minutes from Dubai International Airport and the World Trade Centre, in close proximity to the luxurious Wafi City and Jumeirah Beach. Direct access to city expressways ensures that Media City and the Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone are a mere 25 minute drive from the hotel.
All 255 rooms and suites and 57 luxurious city apartments are fully equipped with satellite TV, safe deposit boxes, wifi access, minibar, telephone with direct-dial facilities and data ports.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible to manage the total sales efforts within the corporate segment for the hotel and to pro-actively generate revenue. You will also maintain, develop and recognize key accounts on a regular basis and be aware of the market trends from all the existing and potential feeders.
- Be totally familiar with hotel products, rates, and promotions at all times.
- Maintain up to date understanding of company products and rates and involvement in cross selling of these when required.
- Provide ongoing market intelligence by monitoring business sources and segments.
- Represent hotel at trade fairs, functions and other related events as directed.
- Ensure that sales blitzes in the local city or outstation for the geographic area of responsibility are conducted timely and efficiently.
- Participate in hotel activities including promotions, sales blitzes, entertainment and other operational areas as directed.
- Assist the DOSM in pursuing new market segments to secure sales and prepare proposals for consideration.
- Develop strong, secure and productive business relations with all companies within portfolio under the geographic / market segment allocated.
- Manage expenses of securing business, making it cost effective and within budget guidelines, i.e. travel, entertainment and use of material expenses.
- Positive communication of the hotel image to existing and potential customer at all times.
- Ensure that revenues and / or cost controls are maximized through proactive actions rather than reactive management
- Maximize occupancy and average rate of hotel through creative and selective selling.
- Accurately report the month-end, year-to-date room night and revenue accounts to the DOSM, for revenue increasing opportunities and possible action plans.
- Must be a results-oriented, highly motivated individual, with a positive attitude that thrives in a team-based environment.
- A Bachelors Degree and/or Hotel Management degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years hotel sales experience in similar role for a reputed branded Hotel in Dubai
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Must be well versed with local market business trends.
- Should have experience working on Opera S&C