Assist in preparation, production, service of food items of the kitchen, maintain high standard in accordance with Fraser Suites West Bay Doha’s standard of policies, procedures manual and guest satisfaction.
- Thorough knowledge of the establishment’s facilities and personnel involved.
- Good knowledge of food service techniques and menu contents.
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from immediate supervisor.
- Maintain correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared.
- Ensures food quality and standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensures that mis-en-place is completed prior to service.
- Adapt and respond to different shift patterns and section needs.
- Respond maturely to any given situation without hesitation.
- Report all important issues back to senior chef.
- Keep equipments and utensils clean and hygienic, report any faulty, broken or damaged equipment immediately to senior management.
- Maintain detailed understanding of the use of all electrical and mechanical equipment in the kitchen and observe the safety precautions when handling them.
- Ensures proper use and cleaning of equipment in order to prolong serviceability and prevent damage.
- Practice hygiene and sanitation procedures set by the hotel when handling food.
- Practice economy where food, paper supplies, electricity and water are concerned.
- Comply with HACCP standards and practices.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned
- Maintains strict control on food portioning and wastage.
- Show understanding of food cost and produce.
- Assist in food stock taking as required.
Internal Business Process
- Comply with and ensure adherence to all of the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional and friendly attitude towards guests during contact.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all staff and colleagues throughout the hotel and sister properties.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Help train new hires on-the-job-trainees (On the Job Training) and cross-trainees in the kitchen section.
- Contributes and works as a team in the general operations of the kitchen(s), offering to assist fellow colleagues when require
- Utilize coaching skills and demonstrate the development of other team members.
- Report for duty on time in accordance with the weekly rota.
- Communicate effectively with all other departments
- Attend meetings, training sessions and any other required meeting or training session.
- Identify opportunities to innovate service delivery and product offering to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Ensure safe work practices are adopted at all time and report any OHS concerns immediately to your direct manager or HR Manager.
- Aware of the hotel fire and safety and emergency procedures
- Proactively display and embrace the Company’s ROCIT Values
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Knowledgeable of the menu, food items and goods handled in designated area
- Constantly maintain a high standard of food preparation, control wastage and spoilage.
- Ensures a clean, professional appearance according to hotel grooming standards
- Follow discipline on all procedures (HACCP, Health and Safety, and Food Safety Management, Fire and Safety) effectively.
- Meet maximum creativity and understanding of food, by creating dishes and assisting with menu development.
- Achieve customer satisfaction rating of above expectations.
- High School qualifications; any culinary certification
- Completion and awarded Basic Food Hygiene Certification
- Completion and awarded HACCP Certification is an advantage
- At least 3 years previous experience in a hotel or branded units
- Minimum 1 years in similar capacity
- Knowledge of volume production and ability to maintain the highest quality standards.
- Competent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to follow standards recipes and convert quantities mathematically
- Knowledge of procedures and methods used in the preparation, production, presentation and storage of food items
- ‘Can do’ attitude and a high level of energy
- Professionally groomed
- Able to manage task simultaneously; and priorities
- Flexible and aware of the pressure points within the kitchen environment and adapt to each situation with maturity and calmness.
- Always goes the extra mile to ensure guests satisfaction.
- Sense of humor