Reporting to: Head Baker
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares breads, rolls, muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, doughnuts, biscuits, and other pastries, including icings and frostings, according to established recipes.
- Reviews production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
- Receives ingredients and other supplies from central kitchen and/or warehouse as required for daily operations.
- Cuts and weighs dough into uniform portions with knife or divider, molds dough into loaves or other shapes, and places in pans; proofs dough and bakes in oven.
- Inspects product for quality during and after baking and makes adjustments to processes as required.
- Spreads or sprinkles a range of various toppings on specialty baked items.
- Shapes dough for cookies, pies, and fancy pastries either by hand or by using dough rollers and cookie cutters.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies.
- Detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
- Completes production sheets and other records as required.
- May be required to prepare baked goods for special diets.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries, rolls and/or other baked goods.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Position requires:
- a) Preparing breads, rolls, muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, doughnuts, biscuits and other pastries according to established recipes.
- b) Preparing and placing various toppings on specialty baked items.
- c) Cleaning and maintaining work area, utensils and equipment.
- d) Detecting and ensuring disposition of spoiled food, and/or other unusual conditions.
- e) Reviewing and completing production sheets.