4 days left
- Job Level
Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
- Ensure true and fair view of the financial statements and accuracy of data collection, processing and financial reporting on a timely manner.
- Planning, development and implementation of internal controls, policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Identification of cost drivers, innovative analyses to encourage management attention and action on managing cost drivers, explore cost reduction opportunities and bench marking costs structures against sister resorts.
- Compliance to management and related agreements / lease agreement with the Government and any other relevant agreements.
- Liaise with both management and statutory auditors, ensure close dialog with management auditors and audit committee in agree on scope and take corrective action in a timely manner.
- Timely compilation of management and statutory financial statements and reports and maintain consistency and accuracy, timely submission of Annual Report and related document respective statutory agencies.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts on a regular basis and make timely adjustments for any impairment to assets and liabilities.
- Compliance with legal and tax regulations, compile / maintain check lists on all licenses and permits required for operating the resort and ensure all statutory dues are paid in time.
- Maintain adequate insurance cover over assets of the resort, guests, staff and protection against losses due to business interruption at own cost and / or via concessioners.
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Business Administration / Finance.
- Only Certified / Chartered Public Accountant candidates will be considered for this position.
Length and type of experience
- Extensive experience in Hotels and Resorts.
- Pre-opening experience will be highly regarded.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Prefereably a female candidate.
- Solution driven individual who is sensitive to the needs of the business and its people.
- Creative person, always ready to challenge the status quo.
- Innovative, resourceful and adaptable.
- Excellent organisational and intra departmental coordination skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Proficient in all financial aspects linked to the operations.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant, which is the largest in Maldives.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace including staff bar, staff pool, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped staff gym, full use of guest facilities and staff sports complex / fields.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, opportunities for extracurricular courses)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.