Full job details
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
Completes accounts receivable period end closing functions and procedures; credit and period end reporting.
Upholds the policies and procedures outlined in the credit policy.
Interacts with sales and catering staff for timely credit decisions on incoming customers.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Credit Management Issues
Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Stays knowledgeable of accounts receivable system.
Leading Credit Management Team
Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Staffs, manages and develops all billing and accounts receivable employees.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
Ensures property billings are sent error free and in a timely manner.
Monitors receivables for timely collections and follows up with appropriate collection correspondence.
Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Maintains positive working relations with customers and department managers.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- General Finance and Accounting - The ability to perform bookkeeping procedures, proficiently use financial systems technology, and accurately complete general ledger entries; knowledge of database structures in order to obtain financial queries; establish Cash flow statements and cash flow forecast with a good understanding the financials flows and the working capital needs.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.