Corporate Sales Executive
Full job details
insert hotel specific logo
This position is designed to provide preparation for an entry-level sales position by internally servicing a closely defined customer group for Fairmont The Palm.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of six food and beverage outlets on property plus 24-hour in-room dining—offer a mix of culinary and entertainment options that mirror Dubai’s cosmopolitan air including a Mediterranean and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Qualifies general inquiries, responds personally and direct new leads to the Director of Sales.
- Responds to inquiries from customers in the absence of direct sales personnel
- Account manage selected corporate sales accounts with goals and plans for each account
- Review and manage the consortia and GDS channels with hotel information and promotions calendar
- Manage the corporate submissions and RFP process through Lanyon with the support of Director of Sales.
- Escorts general inquiries on site inspections and familiarization trips and entertain whenever required
- Participates in the d.a.r.t. Referral Program by referring business to sister hotels and brands
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Maintains positive relationships with all guests, tour operators, colleagues and global sales network
- Has a complete knowledge of hotel's services and facilities
- Assists with maintenance of accounts, database, contact, team activities and business details within Opera S&C according to Fairmont standards
- Prepare, issue and follow up on contracts and all promotional communications
- Maintains current sales and promotional literature
- Coordinates the distribution of pertinent information to all pertinent departments within hotel
- Provides clerical duties as required (i.e. typing, filing, etc. to assigned sales colleagues)
- Attends all sales meetings
- Maintains an orderly working environment
- Other duties, as assigned
- Past high level sales administration and reservations background required
- Sales experience in the corporate segment is preferred.
- Strong presentation skills
- Minimum High School Diploma, Business School and/or Hotel School Diploma preferred
- Microsoft Office suite of software - literacy required
- Opera Sales & Catering and Opera Property Manager - experience preferred
- Ability to assume Key Operator responsibilities and operate all technological equipment in the office
- Proven competency in the area of organization and communication
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Working with computer systems and desk work
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 21.Nov.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: PMI01360