DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for IT Administrator.
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving hotel systems, keeping its integrity and making it more reliable. You will be the key person for the Hotel’s applications and software, reporting directly to IT Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain hotel systems in good working condition
- Improve information systems in the hotel
- Maximize use of a computer system and be more responsive to management requirements
- Train end users on proper care and use of IT Equipment and systems
- In absence of IT Manager, run confidential - special reports as requested by Management
- Implement information systems policies and procedures.
- Review and enforce system security
- Update computer operation manuals
- Coordinate with vendors for hardware maintenance and implementation of software upgrades and updates
- Implementation of software and hardware audit of computers and software used in the hotel
- Maintain an up to date inventory of hardware and software installed in the hotel (deployed and in store)
- Regularly visit MDF and IDF Rooms, assure its in best condition
- Monitor servers and report any abnormality to IT Manager
- Prepare a weekly report of all IT related activities
- Maintain a log of all major system activities (update, upgrade, failure)
- Proper filing and safe keeping of IT documents
- Conduct a monthly IT system maintenance activity
- Active in software related activities for the hotel
- Assist hotel staffs in any desktop, laptop, and computer peripheral troubleshooting
- Attend IT related guest request and complain
- 2 years working experience in similar capacity, preferably in a multinational hotel
- Degree or Diploma in computer science or related field
- Good spoken & written English
- Good knowledge of Opera, Oracle, SUN system & MS products used in a hotel environment, a must. Experience in Networking, POS, Call Accounting, Voice Mail, IPTV, HSIA, Windows Server Systems and Internet is preferred.
- Hard working and willing to work beyond normal working hours or even at night when required
- Able to work independently under pressure
- Creative, organized and possesses analytical thinking ability. Programming knowledge is an advantage.
- Good inter-personal skills and communication skills with computer users, peers and superiors.
- Ability to handle computer –related projects such as interfaces, upgrades and analysis of systems and software. Also good ability to start and carry on project scheduling, implementation and completion of projects.
- Able to respond to computer related situations in the various operating departments and provide assistance to ensure the hotel’s computers are working and used properly
- Candidate must be based in Dubai and can join immediately
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply online ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirements will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.