Fleet Restaurant Manager
Come join our team!
The Fleet Restaurant Manager is a corporate extension of the Corporate Manager of Restaurant Operations, working ship board and in close communication with the shore side corporate team. This role is responsible to deploy Corporate training programs and initiatives to the fleet ensuring that all standards are met and systems are in place to measure operational and financial success. Oversees and assist with crew members and restaurant management team schedule based of guide lines established by Corporate Office and Collective Bargaining Agreement. Working closely with Ship, Food and Beverage teams this position ensures that all Restaurant Operating Standards and Standard Training Practices are being executed. Works closely with Fleet Personnel to identify, develop and mentor current stars for future leadership roles. Reporting directly to the Regional VP, Hotel Operations with "dotted line" reporting to the Corporate Manager of Restaurant Operations.
JOB SUMMARY AND SOME ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct and evaluate Restaurant Operational Audits— in all main restaurants, specialty restaurants to ensure that all operational standards that are critical to the outlets success are being met.
- Working with the Corporate Restaurant Team, provides feedback and acts as a partner in the development and Implementation of all ongoing Restaurant Training needs. Ensures that Pre-Shift Training needs are understood, developed and communicated on a Monthly / Quarterly basis.
- Taking over the Department head position for a short period in case of a staff shortage due to unforeseen emergencies.
- Understands that the MDR and the Buffet are Key Loyalty Drivers. Provides Special Attention to the Main Dining Room and Buffet Operations. Looks for Operational Efficiencies that support and improve overall Customer Service.
- Analysis of Ship Guest Satisfaction Scores. Works with Ship Leadership Team to better understand the correlations between Guest Satisfaction Score Results and how they are influenced. Working with the corporate team, helps update and continually develop the Guest Satisfaction Score improvement plan that includes quarterly targets.
- As the restaurant “training specialist”, pays special attention to “Pre-Shift Briefings”, Operational Communication and Daily Training needs. Ensures that all employees have the training and information they need on daily basis to execute their job and provide upbeat and knowledgeable customer service.
- Act as a partner to the Corporate Restaurant Team with the development and Implementation of all Restaurant initiatives and tests. Be the owner on the Ship Board relationship, reporting and analysis process in the monitoring operational results.
- Controls and communicates an effective Restaurant “Pipe-Line” plan and Mentoring Program. Monitors the performance of all Restaurant Leadership Staff understanding and coaching their personal training needs as well as developing those beneath as potential restaurant leaders. Monitor the ship recommendation for Succession Planning and provide suggestions to Regional Vice President.
- Works closely with Fleet Beverage and Culinary teams, ensuring complete alignment with the overall food and beverage messaging.
- Liaise with the Inventory Controllers to ensure that Restaurant service (“Tools to do the Job”) related inventory levels and operating PARS are maintained in a cost-effective manner. Communicates with Corporate Team to better understand operational needs.
- As part of Ship visits, reviews dining revenues and expenses to ensure they are properly recorded against appropriate budgets and those variations from budgeted amounts, are properly documented /understood. Works with Ship / Restaurant Leadership team to ensure that they have financial understanding on how to operate their business.
- Analyze and review ship / shore generated reports in relation to restaurant service area costs and revenues, satisfaction ratings and material (consumable/durable) management on a continuous basis. Identify deficiencies within existing service delivery systems and initiate and develop efficient and effective alternative courses of action.
- Monitors and Communicates potential needs for restaurant service capital investment and equipment needs. Works with Corporate team to ensure that all ships needs are represented and included in the annual budget process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree or foreign equivalency in Hotel Management, Business Administration or a related field of study is required. Prior restaurant management experience may substitute for this educational requirement at an equivalent rate.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Food and Beverage experience in restaurant management positions is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience and knowledge in all aspects of Hotel/Cruise/Restaurant ship operations is required.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the restaurant business, both Shore side and Shipboard is required. This includes a thorough knowledge of restaurant service practices, purchasing systems, records and procedures; and UK/USPH sanitation standards.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Basic to Intermediate skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros) is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.