Second Steward - Mandarin Speakers
7 days left
- Job Level
Norwegians have more fun at work!
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 49-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the sixth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards.
Come join our team!
Job Title: Second Steward
Department: Hotel - Housekeeping
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The Second Steward is responsible for the efficient daily operation, work process and cleanliness of the Housekeeping Department, including public areas and hallways, guest staterooms, pantries, lockers, crew areas and mess rooms, crew quarters, the laundry and linen rooms assigned as his/her section, and ensures the fulfillment of all operating requirements. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Supervise the activities of the Senior Stateroom Steward/ess, Stateroom Steward/ess, Jr. Stateroom Steward/ess to ensure clean, orderly and attractive staterooms and surrounding areas that includes storerooms, housekeeping lockers and pantries.
- Routinely inspects guest staterooms, including vacant, made-up and turned-down rooms to ensure the standard of cleanliness is maintained at all times. Special attention is given that supplies are replenished and rooms are properly serviced.
- Maintain a logbook to record stateroom status, maintenance deficiencies and significant events and activities during his/her shift, then complete the Daily Supervisor’s worksheet and reports as needed.
- Offer all possible assistance to guests and takes corrective action on complaints and strives for prompt guest recovery.
- Conduct monthly linen inventories and ensures all lockers are stocked according to pre-set par levels, clean, organized and set up according to company policy.
- Ensure that time in and out sheets of staff are filled in properly and in accordance with the numbers of hours worked. Account for steward/ess worksheets and reviews the same prior to submission to the Asst. Executive Housekeeper.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Some related college coursework is preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in related Hotel establishment positions or in related hotel positions onboard ships is required.
- Intermediate to advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE