Demi-Chef De Partie
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE
To assist in creating optimum customer satisfaction by providing the highest standard of food quality and presentation at the same time maximizing the profit margins through effective management of the relevant kitchen operation.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Directs and controls work in the area of responsibility to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
- Monitors the consistency of preparation and presentation in relevant food production area to ensure that they conform to the requisite standards.
- Ensures that food is stored, prepared and secured hygienically and safely.
- Ensures that food is prepared and cooked according to specific recipes and wastage is minimised.
- Assists in maintaining standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all kitchen and related areas.
- Prepares and submits forms and reports on time as directed.
- Checks mise-en-place and preparation procedures ensuring that procedures are correctly followed.
- Reports any engineering defects to immediate supervisors.
- Makes appropriate suggestions and recommendations to supervisors for the general improvement of the company.
- Attends scheduled training courses, briefings as required.
- Participates actively in Hotel-initiated employee activities.
- Maintains good relationships with colleagues within the department and with other departments and contributes to team spirit.
- Comply with hotel standards in relation to hygiene, health, and safety policy.
- Adheres to set procedures for attendance and timekeeping.
- To carry out other tasks as maybe required from time to time by the management.