Full job details
The job of Banquet Waiter / Waitress is executed satisfactorily when:
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The service team is well managed, having delegated the appropriate tasks to the team members.
- A High quality of product and service is maintained in the outlet.
- The outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Responsible to Waiter / Waitress, Banquet Supervisor, Assistant Banquet Manager, Banquet Manager.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times a
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet.
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Projecting at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Be knowledgeable of daily events and upcoming events and their respective set0up requirements.
- Be fully knowledgeable about the various banquet set-up styles, the provided banquet rooms, their size and set-up possibilities.
- To lead and guide set-up of smaller sized events.
- To lead and guide coffee breaks for smaller groups and to offer impeccable service.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Must hold a hotel & hospitality management diploma or degree.
- Previous hotel experience required.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service
- Or company competencies, behavioral, they describe Kempinski’s culture and are shared by every position of the company
- Computer Literacy is an advantage