Chef de Partie - Pastry Section
2 days left
- Job Level
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in a similar position in a 5-star hotel. Communicates fluently in English, Arabic knowledge is an advantage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors food preparation, presentation, and timing in accordance with Standard Recipes.
- Controls the food dispense area during meal periods.
- Assists in food preparation as required.
- Helps analyze guest feedback on food quality and serving timings.
- Coordinates with the Outlet Manager regarding guest questionnaire analysis.
- Practices maximum flexibility and creativity when dealing with special guests.
- Clearly describes standards as specified by the Hotel
- Consistently monitors performance against standards, together with Head Chef.
- Participates in the formulation of the kitchen operations manual.
- Provides positive feedback and reinforcement.
- Seeks out employees concerns and offers assistance.
- Recognizes staff birthdays and other occasions.
- Logs specific incidents; issues irregularity report where necessary and follows the disciplinary procedure as specified in policies and procedures.
- Prepares shift rosters and vacation schedule coordination with Head Chef.
- Assist Sous Chef in completing appraisal forms for all section.
- Assist in analyzing training needs and schedules training.
- Recommends probation period evaluations.
- Records critical incidents.
- Shares problems with Head Chef and team and discusses solutions.
- Checks on all mise-en-place and equipment for service.
- Conducts induction of new employees, as assigned.
- Arranged on the job skills training.
- Analyzes training needs together with Head Chef.
- Identifies problem areas.
- Records all training.
- Conducts technical job knowledge training, as assigned:
- Prepares & utilizes task breakdowns
- Identifies and assists in preparing section trainers.
- Personally, conducts one training session per week.