Assistant Chief Engineer
5 days left
- Job Level
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Chief Engineer for our hotels in Doha. Required candidate must have minimum 2 years experience in a similar position at a reputable hotel in the Gulf Region. Candidate must hold a College Engineering Degree /or/ advanced vocational training.
• Oversee the Engineering department responsible for a 168 room hotel and a 50 room hotel next door
• Comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering skills complemented by a solid understanding of Aircon /HVAC systems and mechanical engineering.
• Due to involvement in upcoming renovation, good civil engineering experience is a benefit
• Familiar with safety and emergency / evacuation procedures within hotels.
• Possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to encourage and motivate team.
• Exceptional management, organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Ability to provide associated services and information to hotel guests and management
• Possess strong leadership and sound judgment skills.
• Familiar with Microsoft office, Spreadsheet and Windows XP/2007.
• Hands-On attitude and Leadership style of “Leading by Example”
• Perform the tasks of developing, implementing and directing all Emergency Programs of the hotel.
• Responsible for all building maintenance, engineering and upkeep of the hotel and Staff Accommodation.
• Handle the tasks of planning and scheduling all maintenance and engineering works within set budgets and time constraints.
• Handle the tasks of coordinating, scheduling and maintaining documentation of preventative maintenance.
• Perform responsibilities of supplier and stock management, as well as for budgets and costs.
• Ability to interact and work well with tenants, professional staff, vendors, subcontractors, laborers, craft persons and other workers.
• Perform the tasks of preparing reports on daily activities, work progress, accidents and material reports.
• Implement effective quality improvement programs.
• Perform the tasks of scheduling and servicing logs of the HVAC system, boilers, generators, plumbing, life safety systems and other building systems.
• Responsible for leading and developing a team of hotel maintenance staff.
• Ensure that the highest standards are maintained and managed effectively.
• Perform responsibilities of short and long term planning and day-to-day operations of the engineering division.
• Responsible for developing, implementing and supervising maintenance programs in guest rooms, building structure, mechanical, electrical machineries, H.V.A.C. systems, and related equipment.
• Ensure the upkeep of guest and service areas to maintain them in proper working order and appearance.
• Coordinate all renovation, expansion, and special projects.
• Develop, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance and energy conservation programs for guest rooms, public areas, back-of-house, building systems, etc. according to Plaza Inn standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply safety codes and regulations and specifications pertaining to building operation.
• Ensure compliance with B.W. policies, international standards, local regulations, and other environmental considerations.
• Other duties as required and directed by the Management
PACKAGE & BENEFITS:
• Monthly Basic Salary: QR 6000
• Furnished Single room in Staff Accommodation
• Yearly Air ticket to destination
• Duty meals in Hotel's Guest Restaurant
• 50 pieces of laundry per month