Sales Manager (Female) - Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah
Full job details
Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts - Middle East & Africa
Sales & Marketing, Sales Manager
Do you see yourself as Sales Manager?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah sets in 45 acres of private tropical gardens and on a long stretch of pristine sandy beach. The resort enjoys an ideal location for Business, Meetings & Events and leisure Traveler's. Recline on a well-lit beach and by the pool with sumptuous cuisine at the relaxing Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah. Receive a warm welcome from friendly Omani staff as you cross 42 acres of lush, landscaped gardens and enter into the gleaming lobby of Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah. We'll show you to your room or suite, or point you towards our 3 interconnecting pools, tennis and squash courts or par-3 garden golf course.
A courtesy shuttle bus whisks you from Salalah International Airport to Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah in 10 minutes. We combine a resort getaway with easy access to the centre of Salalah, just 10 minutes' drive away. Lush hotel gardens lead to the gentle turquoise waters, lapping against beach. Locals are drawn to our night-time attractions, from sumptuous themed buffets on the white sand at Dolphin Beach Restaurant to Arabic singers and disco nights at Al-Luban nightclub. Al-Khareef Pub, with its rich wood and stained glass, is a homely space serving draught beers and nightly live entertainment. Dine al fresco on the Arabic-style terrace of Darbat restaurant or sip cocktails at the Pool Bar.
- Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering related opportunities with significant revenue potential.
- Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
- Achieves personal and team related revenue goals.
- Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery.
- Responsible for driving customer/guest loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer/guest experience.
- Provides service to customers in order to grow the account on behalf of the company.
- Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
- Partners with group/catering counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
- Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property.
- Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
- Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
- Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, exhibitions, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- Handles group bookings – to include but not limited to point of inquiry, quoting rates, contract development, detailing of needs, communication of group requirements to hotel staff, management of group on day of event, and follow up.
- Conduct walk in site tours & pre-con meetings
- Attends management and sales meetings.
- Assist hotel management with developing and implementing hotel specific selling strategies.
- Composes and types routine correspondence, reports or contracts (to include banquet event orders, sales contracts, PACE report, statistical reports etc.) based on organizational practice, policies and procedures at the direction of the Director of Sales
- Ensures, with the assistance of the Sales & Catering Coordinator, that all documents produced by the Sales Department (i.e. BEO's, contracts, rooming lists, proposals) are completed accurately and on time.
Preferred candidate should be:
- Experience with Hotel Sales
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Preferably with GCC Sales experienced
' ' ' '