Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
- Manages the Beverage team to include efficient staffing, employee development and training, performance management and policy enforcement.
- Remains up to date on current products and market trends.
- Assists in monitoring inventory and inventory controls to ensure that costs are kept to a minimum without losing quality and usage of materials.
- Create standard bar set ups in all outlets to maximise the efficiency of each bar operation.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality.
- Ensure beverage descriptions (beverage guide) and the Bar menu descriptions are up to date and distributed appropriately.
- Set up the required formats and carry out or supervise daily inventories of all bars.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management preferred.
Length and type of experience
- Five years food & beverage service management experience in a Resort/Hotel.
- Pre-opening experience will be highly regarded.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Strong beverage knowledge including wine.
- Strong Leader, Work well under pressure.
- Teamwork and planning for Business.
- Understanding Differences, Supervising operations and adaptability.
- Customer focus and result oriented.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy / POS is a must.
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant, which is the largest in Maldives.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace including staff bar, staff pool, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped staff gym and staff sports complex / fields.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, opportunities for extracurricular courses).