Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi, one of the city’s most elegant and luxurious hotels and an iconic architectural landmark.
Recently transformed with a comprehensive renovation and refurbishment, Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi is the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
It is ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s commercial district, yet only a short walk from the shopping districts and the shimmering sands of the Corniche.
Preparation of all meat, poultry and fish products for all outlets in accordance with established methods and standards. To work in liaison with the other sections ensuring a timely supply of required butchery items, and any other assignment given by the management, if and when required. Responsible for the daily operation of the butchery
• Ensures freshness and suitability of products used in the butchery and their appropriate storage, as per established standards
• Prepares daily & weekly requisitions for products needed in the butchery
• Reports foreseeable shortage of meat, poultry and fish products to his supervisors to ensure a timely supply
• Prepares all meat, poultry and fish cuts according to established standards for all outlets, and ensures their availability on time
• Reports any equipment of the section requiring repairs and maintenance to his supervisors
• Attends training sessions as and when scheduled
• Learns the hotels fire and safety procedures and the operation of the kitchen fire fighting equipment
• Cleans his work utensils and area periodically and at the end of his shift
• Ensures that refrigerators, walk in chillers and walk in freezers in his assigned section are clean and properly arranged, as per established standards
• 3-4 years relevant experience in a 5 star hotel
• Culinary degree or equivalent education/experience required.
• Holder of a basic Food Preparation Certificate
• Holder of a basic Health & Hygiene Certificate