DIRECTOR OF FINANCE - MALDIVES
TALENT INC. is on the search for a DIRECTOR OF FINANCE for a 5* luxury resort in the Maldives.
- Must have island / remote location experience
- Maldives experience is preferable
- Must have similar experience within a 5* luxury resort environment
- Single status candidates only will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Hotel Administration.
- a minimum of five years progressive accounting management experience with at least two years supervisory/management
- Experience in a hotel accounting environment preferred.
- Proficiency in all Windows based software applications and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of hotel accounting, F & B Point of sale, property management systems and general business and financial reporting systems
- The ability to assemble, analyze and understand integrated spread sheets and complex technical information.
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.
As a Director of Finance,you are responsible for the short and long term planning and the management of the finance operations to achieve or meet / exceed financial goals, whereby key responsibilities include:
- Overall management of the accounting records and financial reports of the resort, ensuring compliance with company, owner, statutory and fiscal requirements and timetable
- Provide an effective and efficient control through focused system of internal control
- Monitor compliance with company policy and accounting procedures
- Ensure legal and tax compliance and that adequate insurance cover is maintained
- Liaise and co-operate with both Internal and External audits and ensure that corrective action is taken where required
- Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures
- Support and advice the management team on financial and commercial matters
- Manage the formulation, review and approval of budgeting and strategic planning within the hotel, identifying value opportunities
- Ensure a regular cycle of forecasting is taking place with content and detail appropriate to the needs of the operation
- Solution driven individual who is sensitive to the needs of the business and its people.
- Creative person, always ready to challenge the status quo.
- Innovative, resourceful and adaptable.
- Excellent organisational and intra departmental coordination skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Proficient in all financial aspects linked to the operations.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- $4,000 USD per month
- Meals, laundry etc.
- Please send your CV
- Salary expectations
- Notice period
- And let us know why you'd be great for the position