1 day left
- Job Level
Recreation & Boat House Manager Water sport activities, boat excursions and scuba diving are recreational activities which our Company provide to tourists visiting the Seychelles, and particularly those guests residing at Constance Lemuria Resort (www.lemuriaresort.com) where our Boathouse is located. As Boat House Manager your experience, knowledge, leadership and commitment will inspire your team to deliver exceptional service – and your guests to live an unforgettable experience.
Anse Kerlan Charters is a well-established boat charter and water sports operator, based at the Boathouse, Constance Lemuria, Praslin, Seychelles.
The Company has its operations on both Mahe (Main Island) and Praslin (second largest island) and currently has a staff compliment of 25 employees and a wide range of water sports equipment and charter boats.
Ideal candidates should be dynamic, enthusiastic, responsible and have a passion for the sea and should be prepared to embrace work conditions associated with the hospitality industry.
Qualified/skilled in marine related field, mature and responsible. Bachelor status. Age between 30 and 45.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and administer daily water sports, boat excursions/charters, diving operations and all personnel employed by the Boathouse (Employment Contracts, personnel records, licenses for skippers, diving instructors, First Aid & emergency certificates etc.)
- Ensure Boathouse is well organized and running smoothly. All equipment shall be properly stored and maintained.
- Whilst ordering new equipment or replacing existing ones ensure timely orders are issued/confirmed with relevant suppliers.
- Manage and administer personnel daily. Produce weekly roster; ensure there is enough staff to cover the daily activities, record attendance, all types of leaves (annual, medical, PH etc.). Produce monthly report in order to prepare payslip. Liaise with HR department and constantly monitor if new update is issued by the Government on the matter.
- Ensure personnel are in their uniforms, well presented and delivering a high standard of service to guests; where necessary provide or recommend appropriate training to Boathouse personnel.
- Promote all aspects of water sports/boating/diving activities and recommend other business development activities.
- Deliver professional and courteous service to guests at all times.
- Maintain all boating & safety equipment at the Boathouse and ensure proper safety procedures are applied by all Boathouse personnel at all times.
- Inspect and monitor all boats, water sports & diving equipment belonging to the company; ensure follow-up on maintenance of boats, engines and all other equipment.
- Maintain on a continuous basis a comprehensive log of all equipment owned by the company (water sports, charter boats, safety equipment, fishing equipment etc.).
- Maintain a log of all daily activities.
- Implement procedures for monitoring loan and return of equipment to hotel guests and company employees (masks, flippers, snorkels, towels, carry bags etc.).
- Attend meetings with hotel management and ensure follow-up.
- Respond to e-mail requests from hotel management and hotel guests seeking advise & information on Boat House (water sports, boat excursions/charters, game fishing, diving etc.)
- Manage and develop company website for promoting all our activities such as water sports, boat excursions/charters, game fishing, diving etc.). All information requested by clients using the website must be attended to in a professional manner and in a timely fashion.
- Produce monthly reports and accounts for all our boathouse activities (Petty Cash, Fuel Consumption, Boat Charters, Water sports, Diving etc.) and liaise continuously with Company Director on all aspects of operational issues. Follow safety & departmental policies and procedures
Other duties as assigned Qualifications:
- Previous experience (5 - 8 years) at management level in a marine related activity
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Diving/yachting/maritime certificate an asset
- Administration and Management certificate
- CPR and First Aid certification a plus
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Fluent in English, other/s European languages an asset (French, Italian, Russian)