Team Leader - Food & Beverage - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.About the role
An opportunity has arisen in the Food & Beverage department at Burj Al Arab for a highly motivated and hard working Team Leader. The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for the restaurant set up and its operation/organization according to the Burj Al Arab policy and service standards and SOP's.
Your main duties include:
- Ensure guests live the "Ultimate Experience"
- Well groomed and creating pleasant attitude all the time.
- Friendly, professional and supportive to all colleagues.
- Sets a personal example for right conduct and behaviour for an open eyed, respected and effective supervision of the restaurant and pool.
- Provides hands-on support, direction and assistance to colleagues on all areas of their assigned duties ensuring highest levels of service and courtesy are provided to guests.
- Ensures that effective link is maintained between kitchen and service areas.
- Handle guest complaints according to policy
- Ensuring pool/restaurant set up is according to set standard.
- To develop and maintain an elegantly appointed environment, with superior colleagues, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience for all dining periods.
- To assist in training, supervising and disciplining all outlet colleagues.
- Performs opening and closing duties as when required ensuring that the outlet will be ready for the business opening.
- Take extra initiative to drive revenue, ideas and training needs.
- Ensure the team follows the standards as per LQA and set by the department.
- To control daily pool and restaurant seating capacities.
- To observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the outlets; makes recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- To assist in preparing staff schedules, which allow for appropriate service while controlling over time.
- To ensure a safe working environment for all colleagues within the outlet.
- To handle inventories directly involved with the operation of the outlet
- To continually be aware of departmental needs as they relate to production and staffing.
- To assist in controlling standards, performance, colleague conduct, dress code, appearance, sanitation, etc., according to established policies.
- To formulate and recommend changes to improve colleague performance and teamwork.
- Ensure all pool guests receive water, face towels and all other needs upon arrival.
- Final closing of the shift/outlet to be done according to the outlet closing checklist.
- Check one final round to ensure no pending tasks left by the closing shift.
- Ensure closing of the restaurant is carried out as per the standard checklist provided and no pending tasks.
In order to be considered for the role you will have to possess : a College or University Degree; a Task trainer certification; previous 5* hotel and or resort working experience in restaurant or Conference and Banqueting; minimum 1 year experience in similar luxury, high end work environment as team leader. You will have to possess experience in a cultural diverse workforce; a good level in Microsoft Office applications- particularly Excel and Power Point and Good level of written and verbal business English.