Sous Chef - Brasserie Angelique - Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is part of a new iconic five-towers complex in the capital of the UAE. It is bordered by the sea on one side and the fashionable Corniche on the other. It is easily accessible from the airport and close to the city's shopping malls, and the central business district and Ministries' area. The hotel features 396 uniquely designed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites, offering fully integrated lifestyle technology. Rooms range from 40m² to 60m² and the design led suites from 92m² to the 980m² Royal Etihad Suite on the 60th floor. 199 luxurious serviced residences are available for longer stays. A variety of restaurants and lounges offer an extensive choice of culinary temptations from the 63rd floor to the beach and include all-day dining and Lebanese restaurants with terrace seating. A dedicated executive lounge with all-day food and beverage offerings, an Internet lounge, shower suites and a business Centre with four meeting rooms, is located on level 45. The superbly equipped conference Centre, amongst the largest in Abu Dhabi, includes a ballroom, seating up to 1,400 delegates, 13 meeting rooms and large pre-function areas with sea view. Spend leisure time in the Talise Spa with 14 treatment suites plus Rasoul chamber and hammam, the extensive gym with state-of-the-art equipment, relax in a landscaped oasis of pools and gardens along the private beach or treat yourself to some retail therapy at the exquisite Etihad Towers boutiques.About the role
To ensure the smooth operation of the department in charge by optimising the use of materials and manpower, thereby maximising revenue and guest satisfaction.
- To attend daily meetings with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef regarding menus.
- To attend meetings as required in the Operational Manual and up-date the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef on points raised.
- To hold a daily and monthly meeting with the kitchen brigade in the outlet he works and report to Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- To establish culinary standards specific to banquets which meet the needs of the target market.
- To plan menus and recipes and test samples in conjunction with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- To write specific and accurate product specifications and standard recipes for use in the computer and by the Materials Manager.
- To use, wherever possible, locally and seasonally available products in menus and "specials".
- To inspect daily, all fresh food received to ensure the quality is maintained.
- To inspect twice daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations, to avoid spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and give completed check lists to the Executive
- Sous Chef.
- To check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef, establish job methods and supervise on a regular basis, and correct if necessary, cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service on quality basis.
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
- To liase with the Chief Steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the Kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges, To ensure a sufficient supply of crockery and cutlery for the service and his department.
- To plan rosters on a 2 weekly basis and to review on a daily basis with the Executive Chef /Executive Sous-Chef, overtime, rosters and holiday requirements and absenteeism.
- To report accidents and sickness in the log Book and to report any such incidents to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous-Chef on a daily basis.
- Must be lead by example by demonstrating the Hallmarks and guiding principles in their role continuously.
- Must be able to perform any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be dynamic, focused, proactive and result-oriented
- Be highly capable to multi-task and manage a wide range of projects simultaneously
- Be driven to perform high with output combined with an eye for detail
- Have self-initiative and independent judgment
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Be a creative thinker who can bring energy to new projects
- Must hold a University Degree or equivalent in a hospitality related field
- Must hold a recognised Culinary certificate or equivalent
- Must have held 3-4 years in a kitchen role