4 days left
- Job Level
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Through supervision and organization, ensures that food is prepared and presented in accordance with the established standards and that a high degree of cleanliness exists throughout the kitchen areas.
• Under the general guidance and supervision of the Food & Beverage Director or delegate, responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of the kitchen.
• Provides functional assistance and directions to all kitchen departments.
• Interacts with individuals outside the Hotel including, but not limited to, guests, suppliers, governmental officials, competitors and other members of the local community.
• Supervises the function of all kitchen employees, facilities and costs and contribute to maximizing the overall food & beverage Departmental profit.
• Controls and analyses on an on-going basis the following:
• Quality levels of production and presentation including the Employees cafeteria
• Guest Satisfaction / Merchandising and marketing / Payroll & Food Cost / Cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene and ensures optimal performance in all above mentioned areas
• Establishes and maintains effective employee relations and inter-departmental working relations.
• Conducts such functions as interviewing, hiring, orientation, performance appraisal, coaching, counseling and suspension if necessary.
• Develops formal training programs with the training coordinator and ensures that they are followed and completed.
• Is responsible for the preparation of Menus and participates in the pricing policy in consulting with the Food & Beverage Director, Restaurant Manager and Food Cost Controller, by taking in consideration the following: Local requirements / Market needs / Competition / Trends / Recipes / Potential Cost / availability of Food & Beverage products / merchandising and promotion.
• Attends and contributes to all meetings called for.
• Establishes and an up-to-date standard recipe file for all food items including: Sales History / Actual Cost / Potential Cost / Par stock / Production Time / Food pricing / Portion sizes.
• Instructs the staff of the hotels fire regulations, safety, health and hygiene regulations and how to operate the Kitchen firefighting equipment.
• Supervises in cooperation with the Executive Sous Chef and Kitchen Coordinator the work attendance records for the kitchen Staff and ensures that all vacation and leave has been taken by the end of each year.
• In conjunction with the Executive Sous Chef and Kitchen Coordinator, controls supplies, cost, quality/price ratio, size of orders, storage conditions
• Makes sure that all merchandise cheeked and used before the freshness date expires, and adapt stock levels and production to predicted activity levels.
• Ensures that a 0-Stock is enforced with the assistance of the Food Cost Controller and Purchasing Director.
• Makes sure that standard recipes are respected.
• Controls department, costs and charges.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Learns the local health authorities sanitation and hygiene requirements.
• Ensures that local & hotel’s standards of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation are maintained.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Ability to apply supervisory /management soft skills.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience required.
Four to five years of employment in a related position.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.