6 days left
- Job Level
At Wyndham Worldwide, our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company’s global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Dubai and other cities, the company employs approximately 9,000 associates worldwide. From the upper-upscale offerings of its Wyndham Grand® brand, to the distinctly comfortable and familiar properties of its globally recognized Days Inn®, Super 8®, Ramada®, Baymont Inns and Suite®, Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham®, Tryp by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Dolce Hotels and Resorts,& Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham®& Howard Johnson®brands, Wyndham Hotel Group prides itself on providing guests and franchisees with exceptional customer service, great value and the most lodging choices around the world.
Be well connected. The Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel hits the spot in many ways, making it known as one of the best 5 star hotels in Doha. While some like how conveniently close it is to Qatar’s business center, others appreciate the accessibility to the shopping malls. And there are those that just enjoy their hotel room right in the heart of Doha Qatar city. The Wyndham Grand combines location with luxury, with 246 renewed rooms and suites, exquisite restaurants, and a spa where every sense is revitalized, making this one of the most comfortable 5 star hotels in Doha.
Try mixing business with pleasure and enjoy the Wyndham Grand Regency Doha Qatar for yourself.
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. The Sales Manager is responsible for an increase in transient room revenue by increasing production of existing accounts. He/she is also responsible for month-end reporting and tracking of account production.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the account coverage requirements.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales & Marketing to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Entertain clients.
- Handle inquiries.
- Conduct research on client room nights/revenue performance, prepare account performance reports quarterly and annually, conduct semi-annual account review meetings with account representatives.
- Prospect for new transient business. Track all transient leads (lost and turndown). Participate in transient, group and catering lead referral.
- Develop and implement specific account marketing plans for appropriate accounts. Monitor production compliance.
Maintain regular communication with all special corporate/preferred corporate accounts and send quarterly production reports to all clients. Communication to be property defined may include newsletters, client receptions/recognition functions, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries and request for pricing
- Maintain in-depth files on all accounts; via hard files and/or automated account management system
- Assist in updating Brand national Transient database, if applicable. Coordinate local transient sales initiative and activities with Brand National Transient Sales for national and regional transient accounts, if applicable.
- Participate in trade shows, community & professional organizations to maintain high visibility.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.