Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1,103 properties in nearly 100 countries and 154,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis(R), The Luxury Collection(R), W(R), Westin(R), Le Meridien(R), Sheraton(R), Four Points(R) by Sheraton, Aloft(R), and Element (R). The company boasts one of the industry's leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
We will strive to create and maintain a community of winning talent which feels valued and lives the connection to the brand in whatever we do. We will provide the freedom and support where individuals can demonstrate their skills and abilities; grow and reach their potential in a performance reward driven environment. We will embrace diversity and inclusion and will act honest and ethical in everything we do; aspiring to be the employer of choice.
Food & Beverage
The Hostess will be responsible for positive experience of guests while maintaining the quality standards and supervision of the outlet staff.
• Project a pleasant and positive professional image to all guests at all times;
• Manage cultural needs and expectations of guests;
• Upsell and identification of additional revenue opportunities;
• Maintain and adhere to billing policies and procedures;
• Maintain positive teamwork spirit at all times;
• Assist Assistant Venue Managers in training new team members;
• Support of Departmental objectives;
• Control the flow of work in the room by seating guests in station rotation while maintaining guest lists and following and enforcing check issue procedures. Present menus and provide information to guest as necessary;
• Handle reservation book, take incoming telephone calls, note reservations and special requests by guests;
• Assign opening and/or closing side duties. Supervise side work and ensure completed lists of set ups of all stations before departure of service staff;
• Be familiar with the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list;
• Maintain complete knowledge of floor layout /seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code of the restaurant;
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended;
• Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures;
• Communicate VIP arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up;
• Maintain and update guest and group profile and preferences.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Is able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace;
• Is able to read and write to facilitate the communication process;
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Has ability to dialogue informally and effectively with all co-workers, in one-on-one or small group settings, through clear articulation of ideas and active listening;
• Has basic knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations;
• Has basic knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages;
• Totally embraces the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the guests;
• Identifies herself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
• Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
• Strives to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers;
• Is detail oriented;
• Thrives on pride of work and its product;
• Plays as a team to achieve common goals;
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm;
• Has a strong ability to learn skills, retain and demonstrate learning;
• Upholds ethical business practices.