Kitchen - Secretary
Full job details
We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic and committed individual with exceptional communication skills that prides herself on her ability to deliver extraordinary levels of service and provide creative solutions.
As a Secretary you are responsible to provide a full range of secretarial and administrative support activities, inclusive of highly confidential and sensitive matters to ensure smooth operation of the designated department whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Organize daily incoming correspondence, make preliminary assessment and handle and respond as appropriate
- Compose and prepare routine correspondence and prepare simple interpretation of documents and correspondence if requested
- Prepare, assemble and distribute various reports and documents
- Receive and screen all incoming telephone calls, provide and receive information or refer the matters to the appropriate person to handle
- Keep calendar constantly updated to facilitate appointment and meeting schedules
- Establish and maintain various filing / records / database of business contacts, trace pending items and follow up as appropriate
- Arrange for various meetings and take minutes
- Function as an administrative link to ensure that all parties receive the relevant information respectively
- Organize business travel arrangements and other duties as assigned.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a college diploma in secretarial training and relevant previous experiences. You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English and the ability to take sufficient notes at a meeting to prepare record of events. Computer literate and sufficient typing skills to complete 60wpm accurately will be highly regarded.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be courteous, able to work with minimal supervision, be discreet and capable of dealing with a high level of confidentiality. You are an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ person with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player with a concern for quality, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results