Chef de Partie - Pastry
- Job Level
The job of Chef de Partie - Pastry is executed satisfactorily when:Organize and manage daily kitchen operation, prepare budgets, verify payrolls, dishing costs and organize food storage.
- Ensure the Pastry department provides the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins hence maximizing guest satisfaction and profitable efficiency.
- Assist in preparing and implementing menus and specialty dishes for all outlets.
- Establish and maintain effective employee working relationships.
- Is familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Implement and practice HACCP.
Adhere to Hotel standards of food quality, preparation, recipes and presentation.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene and ensure company’s standards are maintained by all Pastry kitchen staff.
- Ensure good interdepartmental and departmental working relationships are maintained.
- Ensure daily operations run smoothly by checking that work has been carried out correctly, the daily function sheet and mise en place lists, and setting priorities in accordance to last minute changes.
- Establish – in conjunction with the Executive Pastry Chef - job methods and on a regular basis supervise and correct if necessary cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service quality.
- Inspect food stores and refrigerated areas and correct, where necessary, storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations to avoid spoilage.
- Work with Superior and Director of Human Resource to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assists in planning for future staffing needs.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.