- Uses weights and measures to adjust ingredients in recipes.
- Prepares and bakes all bakery items for menu and catered events following standardized recipes
- Supervises bakery personnel; duties include planning, organizing, scheduling and directing work, training personnel, and recommending applicants for employment or for discipline, termination or retention.
- Estimates baking needs, requisitions adequate supplies, inventories supplies, and keeps records of products made and used.
- Insures bakery and equipment are maintained according to proper health and sanitation standards.
- Teaches and enforces safety regulations.
- Does specialized decorating.
- Assists in developing and testing recipes.
- Assists in planning bakery products menu.
- Recommends equipment purchases.