- Answer all incoming calls in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Addressing guest/caller by name after checking on name of caller.
- Receive, record and process reservations from different sources using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques.
- Identify the guest needs and accordingly determine the appropriate room type.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information;
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures of the department and the hotel.
- Be up to date at all times of the Selling Strategy, rates, packages, groups and booking status of the hotel
- Process and respond within 24 hours to all reservation requests and inquiries.
- Ensure all traces for the day per shift are printed and checked for appropriate action.
- Ensure all extranets messages requiring action are responded within 24 hours.
- Be pro- active in solving problems whenever possible.
- Promote the Hotel’s products and services by telephone, e-mail
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
- Accept wait list reservations with approval of the manager.
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc
- Manage “no show” reservations by investigation and recording of same
- Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions
- Liaise with Reservations Manager or Front Office Manager or Finance Manager for all reservations requiring credit approval
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
- Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates
- Prepare reports as requested (e.g. to travel agents, business houses etc)
- Prepare reservation sales reports
- Maintain a good relationship with the Front Office and back of the house departments.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is up to hotel’s grooming standards.
1. Experience in 4 or 5 star property preferably in UAE.
2. Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Reservations Agent.
3. Arabic speaking would be an added advantage.
3. Should have good communication skills specially writing skills.
4. Guest focused and proactive approach.
5. Outgoing personality.