Chef de Partie - Sushi
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi, one of the city’s most elegant and luxurious hotels and an iconic architectural landmark.
Recently transformed with a comprehensive renovation and refurbishment, Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi is the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
It is ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s commercial district, yet only a short walk from the shopping districts and the shimmering sands of the Corniche.
• Responsible for the kitchen operating during shift worked in the absence of the Sous Chef.
• Responsible for the kitchen operation during shift worked, in the absence of the Executive Chef.
• Liaise with restaurant /banquet manager regarding food preparation and presentation with the Chief Steward to ensure cleanliness & hygiene standards and with engineering department to ensure that all equipments is proper order.
• Supervises the work of the kitchen staff on a specific shift to ensure food preparation, organization and presentation standards are followed.
• Ensures that kitchen equipment is in proper working order and issues maintenance orders for its repair.
• Trains staff in accordance with planned training programs and corrects production errors/methods as found necessary.
• Maintains waste at a minimum and determines that portion control is followed to ensure that the required food cost percentage is obtain Initiates and participates in creative selling, merchandising, decoration and presentation ideas. Assists in revising new recipes.
• Liaise with the Stewarding Department to ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen, its fixtures and equipment.
• Orders fresh and dry goods in the absence of the Executive Chef.
• Liaise with the Restaurant and Banquet Managers regarding food preparation, presentation, special menus and seasonal specialties.
• Ensures that all cooked goods are visually attractive and eye appealing by checking and testing on regular basis and prepared in an appetizing manner.
• Supervises and participates in Buffet set up and decoration.
• Supervises during meal periods that buffet table and a la Carte mis - en place is kept replenished and attractive for duration of service.
• Ensures that portion control policy/standard planting instructions are adhered to.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 4 to 5 years’ international experience in all Kitchen outlets.
- Ability to adapt quickly to any situation.
- Specialization in Japanese cuisine required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.