Assistant Restaurant Manager | Doha
Full job details
Mandarin Oriental, Doha will be the first Mandarin Oriental Hotel in the Middle East. It will be located in Mushaireb Downtown Doha. Msheireb Propertie's an ambitious development of a 35 hectare site adjacent to Doha's cultural gem, Souk Wakif and near the city's business centre in West Bay.
Do you see yourself as a Assistant Restaurant Manager to join our pre-opening team of the Mandarin Oriental, Doha?
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about Restaurants in hotels?
At Mandarin Oriental we employ colleagues with passion and willing to deliver the best service and experience to our guests.
- Overlook the daily operation of the outlet and manage shifts effectively to assure a smooth and effective overall operation.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality.
- Ensure that Mandarin Oriental, Doha's grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental, Doha's procedures.
- Assist the outlet manager to monitor the monthly P&L.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all outlet colleagues at any time, particularly during the operation hours.
- Support the outlet manager to supervise the side duty schedules for all positions and ensure compliance and follow through.
- Support the outlet manager to train, evaluate and schedule all colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards, policies and as per the overall business requirements.
- Maintain a good relationship and steady communication with the Chef de cuisine and his team, particularly during operation hours.
- Identify departmental learning and development needs for all colleagues of the restaurants and share those with the outlet manager.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, correct, spelled correctly, clean and presentable.
- Being fully involved in the service and show strong presence to customers on the floor.
- Personally monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are dining in the Restaurants.
- Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the Restaurants.
- Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written.
- Higher National Diploma or Vocational Diploma in Hospitality / Hotel Management.
- Minimum of 1.5 years of experience as Assistant Outlet Manager in a five star hotel outlet or comparable free standing outlet.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East is an advantage
- Experience in managing a culturally diverse labour force.
- Strong on the job and classroom style training skills and ability to mentor and develop team members at all time.
- Ability to plan and organise large projects and events.
- Strong knowledge of 5-star service procedures and standards.
- Qualified trainer.
If you are interested in joining our pre-opening team apply today!