Chef De Partie
Full job details
Organise kitchen operations and prepare and serve a range of dishes, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service.
- Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Work with Superior to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Conduct on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintain a record of progress for each staff member.
- Communicate to their superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment on and other relevant information.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and be aware of financial targets
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Team building skills, Planning/organisation skills, Adaptability Flexibility and initiative
Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment. English is a must, Additional language is beneficial.