Demi Chef de Partie
Full job details
Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah is looking for an energetic and creative Demi Chef de Partie. The selected candidate will assist in the daily management of the kitchen operations including organizing and managing daily kitchen operation, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to Hotel standards of food quality, preparation, recipes and presentation.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene and ensure company’s standards are maintained by all kitchen staff.
- Ensure good interdepartmental and departmental working relationships are maintained.
- Ensure daily operations run smoothly by checking that work has been carried out correctly, the daily function sheet and mise en place lists, and setting priorities in accordance to last minute changes.
- Establish – in conjunction with the superiors - job methods and on a regular basis supervise and correct if necessary cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service quality.
- Inspect food stores and refrigerated areas and correct, where necessary, storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations to avoid spoilage.
- Liaise with chief steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen such as machinery, small kitchen equipment, floors and fridges to ensure a sufficient supply of crockery and cutlery..
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly as well as instructing others on correct procedures.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
Competencies:Team-oriented, International etiquette, Hotel industry knowledge, Flexibility, initiative, result-oriented.
Languages: Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment. English is a must, Additional language is beneficial