The F&B Manager is responsible for the efficient operations of the Food and Beverage Department of the hotel. He is responsible for effectively managing and guiding the service team to deliver an excellent service to the guest. Moreover he collaborates with the Executive Chef to ensure that guests receive the highest level of Food and Beverage service at all times as according to company policies and standards.
- Monitors all aspects of the hotel’s F&B outlets.
- Effectively monitor all the SOPs to be followed by all the F&B outlets.
- Ensures application of correct service techniques in all F&B outlets.
- Through guest needs, promotes the awareness of guest’s requirements.
- Analyse the market trends and make necessary changes to the F&B operation to attract guests.
- Have a sound knowledge on Sales & Marketing strategies to develop outlet promotions.
- Contributes to preparation and undertaking of special F&B promotions in co-operation with the management and the Executive Chef.
- Make sure to have an effective communication throughout all the outlets to have a smooth operation.
- Analyse relevant guest complaints and informs the management or the Executive Chef on how to avoid such situations.
- Supervises preparation of special functions.
- Initiates on new menu options.
- Liaises with the Executive Chef to maximize the menu options.
- Motivate the team to maximize their performances.
- Ensures polite behaviour and good manners of all service associates.
- Develops and coach direct reports.
- Monitor the departmental training.
- Develop succession planning and implement them.
- Should be aware of the social media platforms and make sure to utilize all relevant platforms to promote the outlets to maximize the revenue.
- Maintains diversity within the department.
- Lead the department by example.
- Monitor and control F&B profit & loss
- Must have an ability identify new revenue streams and implement successful business plans to each F&B outlets.
- Should be able to work on minimizing the cost of the outlets and budget control.
- Ensure to use the most effective financial strategy to gain the maximum revenue.
- Have cost-effective solutions to improve the problem areas.
- Ensure to work towards to achieve the balance score card’s targets.
- Minimum two years’ of experience as F&B Manager in a 5 star hotel.
- Proven track record of achievement in managing F&B Operations.
- Should have an experience in working with a non-alcoholic operation.
- Must have an excellent guest focus approach.
- Sound knowledge of Sales & Marketing and F&B revenue generation strategies.
- Must be able to train and coach a multi-cultural team.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Must have strong organisational skills and analytical ability.
- Self-motivated & result oriented and able to achieve highest guest satisfaction.
- Should have hotel management education background.