F&B Supervisor - Pool Bar Supervisor
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element® and the recently introduced Tribute Portfolio™. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood recently announced plans to spin off its Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc. business, a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands, into a standalone public company by the end of 2015. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
Food & Beverage
* Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental communication meetings for share with the associates all relevant information such as occupancy, menu changes, daily schedule and work assignments
* Ensure the tidy and good appearance of him/herself and his/her subordinates
* Work closely with the Pool Bar Manager / Guest Relations / Front Office and other key service departments
* Responsible for transfer of all the checks to the front desk, records and replacement of all the consumed stocks
* Monitor duty schedules for the respective team
* Report any damage or maintenance defects report cleanliness and maintenance issues to the immediate Superior
* Personally respond to all complaints and communicate them to the Pool Bar Manager.
* Excellent knowledge of the Pool Bar menu in order to answer guests’ queries
* Attend regular training sessions according to Training plan
* Maintain strict control of stocks and be able to account for all stock distributed
* Requisition stocks from the beverage and dry store
* Performs any other duties as requested by the Pool Bar Manager
* Follow up and investigate excess or shortage and report the results to Pool Bar Manager
* Support in generation of new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and leading edge over competitive set
* Personally inspect quality and timely delivery of all orders
* Ensure the profitability of Pool Bar operations
* Assist Pool Bar Manager in training new team members
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
* Experience as in leading a team & Possess superior analytical skills
* Experience as Bartender minimally 2 years
* Have the ability to effectively communicate with other departments;
* Embrace and value operational guidelines and brand standards;
* Have the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines;
* Have the awareness of maximizing the returns to all stakeholders;
* Are adaptable to the ideas of different cultures, settings and situations;
* Enjoy working in a team setting;
* Do build lasting relationships with internal and external customers;
* Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
* Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and trends, in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies;
* Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
* Uphold ethical business practices.