Engineering Shift Supervisor
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Full job details
- Record details of work completed, purchase requisitions, stores requisitions and other workshop documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaise with and assist providers of specialist electrical/mechanical/civil support services, for example, contractors and suppliers
- Assist with the other Departments.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant policies and procedure (POMEC) for hotel.
- Ensure that Health, Safety & Environment policy and procedures and all relevant health, safety environmental legislation are observed.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the relevant work rules and standards.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives.
- Operate the safety "Tag Out" system.
- Contributes to guest satisfaction standards by ensuring technical support services and anticipates when possible individual needs. Ensures the safety and comfort of guests and staff are maintained at all times.
- Ensures adherence to all statutory regulations and fire codes by regularly following standard policies and safety procedures. Ensures that any tests and inspections on plant and equipment required by statutory authorities are carried out as and when necessary, and that all records and documentation associated with such tests are correctly filed and displayed as required. Makes sure that the hotel fulfils all of the Yassat Gloria Hotels Life and Fire Safety Requirements.
- Carries out regular work sampling studies within the department and evaluates the performance and productivity of equipment so that the Department provides a courteous and efficient service to the guests.
- Ensures that all Engineering Policies Standards and Procedures are adhered to whenever possible.
- Liaises with staff and contractors when carrying out upgrading project work to ensure that Yassat Gloria Hotels standards are maintained whenever possible.
- Ensures effective operation of all mechanical and electrical systems and equipment by implementing and managing a preventive maintenance program. Closely monitors the condition of the physical property and equipment by conducting regular inspections of the building. Ensures that preventive maintenance schedules are in operation and regularly upgraded whenever possible.
- Monitors Ken-Fix it program and updates it as necessary.
- Ensures the cost effectiveness and technical efficiency of all services performed by outside contractors. Ensures all work is carried out in accordance with contracts, scope of works, service agreements and warranties.
- Ensures the quality of the work completed by self and external contracted staff adheres to the standards of good engineering practices.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of management decision.
- Records necessary data to prepare monthly reports.
- Ensures that the daily work orders are completed on time.
- Ensure preventive maintenance work is carried out as planned for MEP requirements.
- Ensure that correct handover is made to the following shift staff.
- Ensure personnel under your control abide by all company rules and procedures
- Ensure shift starting /finishing times are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Attend meeting with engineering management to advise equipment availability, labour requirements and scheduling of future maintenance requirements.
- Ensure work is carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attend and assist with all major breakdowns and renovations.
- Monitor breakdowns and ensure immediate response by engineering personnel, noting that this is a continuous (non stop) operation and that all equipment required must be in service when required.
- To ensure parts required for jobs are ordered and on hand when required.
- Maintain maintenance records and shift logs for both electrical/mechanical/civil work.
- Assist with the development and introduction of the BMS & CMMS.
- Participate in managing the maintenance workshops & plant room day to day activities and identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that all work processes are safe and environmental risks are controlled and minimized according to the hotel POMEC WHS & E policies & procedures manuals.
- Assist in compiling training programs and reports as required.
- Ensure all modifications/alterations are reported to the Director of Engineering/Assistant Chief Engineer in order to maintain electrical/mechanical/civil drawings for all equipment and buildings.
- Monitor and assist with the day to day running of the department activities.
- Other tasks as requested by senior management.
Yassat Gloria Hotel & Hotel Apartments shall provide an equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and career progress when it comes to gender, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability and shall not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment of any kind.