Sushi Chef de Partie
Under the general guidance of the Chef de cuisine, to maintain a high standard of cuisine at all times, to maintain the desired food cost at all times and to produce menu ideas and budgets.
Responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing Kitchen operations, while maintaining high quality products and service levels. Required to market ideas to promote business, reduce employee turnover, maintain revenue and payroll budgets, and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. . As well as making sure all “Food Hygiene” and “Health & Safety” standards are adhered to at all times.
Duties & Functions:
- In the absence of the Chef de cuisine / Sous Chef take full responsibility for the running of the kitchen.
- Assist in the employment and retention of all staff.
- Supervise all comis chef's in the department .
- Assist in the maintenance of company paperwork.
- Assist in maintaining budgets and cost throughout all of the kitchens.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef attend any meetings that are required.
- Assist and supervise the agreed standard of food service during shift.
- Liaise and co-operate effectively with all other associated members of staff.
- Supervise the training of all new staff members in the department.
- Promote the safe use of the kitchen, its equipment and building under the Health and Safety at Work acts, Hygiene and other regulations.
- Ensure all relevant food controls and correct temperatures are logged and adhered to at all times. Ensure the agreed standards of food preparation and presentation are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all daily paperwork is filled out in accordance to company and government guidelines.
- Ensure Fourth Hospitality is used on a regular basis for both appraisals and reprimands.
- Attend any training that is required by the company
- Monitor all staff time keeping and follow up were needed.
- To provide a friendly, courteous, quick, efficient and professional service at all times.
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal appearance, always wearing clean Chef’s whites changed daily or when necessary. Ensure good personal hygiene.
- Check all prepared mis en place and food stocks (including dry stores) and replenish as necessary, and inform Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef of any relevant shortages.
- Be aware of all relevant food suppliers and their products. Be in charge of ordering.
- Supervise the smooth and efficient service and production of food from the department by working and liaising with other departments and Restaurant staff, and ensuring all necessary work is completed prior to the commencement of service.
- To ensure all department staff work hygienically and productively. Ensure that the agreed standards of food preparation and presentation are supervised and adhered to.
- To assist in the prevention of pilferage from the dry stores and refrigeration within the department. Control wastage by maintaining the correct stock levels and rotation from dry stores and avoid the over production of food and mis en place.
- To be aware of the required food cost percentages as set down by the budget and to assist in the supervising and running of the department within these guidelines at all times.
- To assist other sections of the kitchen in the production and service of food or the cleaning down of the section as and when required due to the workload.
- To remain on duty until the following shift takes over or until you are discharged by the Head Chef or senior Chef on duty.
- To ensure all working areas of the kitchen, dry stores and refrigeration are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition at all times, and especially after your shift has finished.
- To make sure, in conjunction with your team that all section files and recipes are maintained and updated.
- To maintain constant quality control of all food prepared and cooked ensuring it is to the Head Chef’s and Restaurant standards.
- To ensure all main cool rooms are tidy and clean at all times, especially after each service, so the Duty Chef can carry out daily ordering.
- To ensure that all health marks are collected and allocated to the correct administration.
- To operate the pass service of food from the kitchen to the restaurant, liaising with the Restaurant staff and ensuring the food is to the standard required by the Head Chef.
- To provide a clear handover during shift changes
- To ensure all staff within your team are well briefed on the daily responsibilities and are given constant supervision and motivation in all aspects of their work.
- To report any problems, accidents or kitchen equipment defects to the Head Chef.
- To confirm with the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef any special requirements (including menu items and dishes), outstanding orders or work tasks required from your section.
- To ensure all staff within your team are well briefed on the daily responsibilities and are given constant supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work.
- To make yourself aware and notify your staff to all menu changes, specialties, function menus and changes to standards prior to the commencement of service.
- Report all accidents or kitchen equipment defects to the Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef and complete all relevant documentation.
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel as Sushi Chef
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Wide Knowledge of Sushi and Sashimi Categories and preparations
- Proven track of career growth in reputable Japanese Restaurant / Hotel based preferred.