Oriental Chef de Cuisine
Reporting to: Executive Sous Chef/ Executive Chef
Duties & Functions:
- Manage a Kitchen Operations in a single food & beverage outlet including menu planning and costing, organizing special events, developing new dishes, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge.
- Ensure all daily paperwork is filled out in accordance to company and government guidelines.
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal appearance and ensure good personal hygiene of all the team.
- Check all prepared mis en place and food stocks (including dry stores) and replenish as necessary, and inform Executive Sous Chef of any relevant shortages.
- Be aware of all relevant food suppliers and their products. Be in charge of ordering.
- Supervise the smooth and efficient service and production of food from the department ensuring all necessary work is completed prior to the commencement of service.
- To ensure all department staff work hygienically and productively. Ensure that the agreed standards of food preparation and presentation are supervised and adhered to.
- Control wastage by maintaining the correct stock levels and rotation from dry stores and avoid the over production of food and mis en place.
- To make sure, in conjunction with your team that all section files and recipes are maintained and updated.
- Ensure HACCP practices and procedures are always followed and implemented at all times
- To maintain constant quality control of all food prepared and cooked ensuring it is to the Executive Chef and Restaurant standards.
- Conducts on the job training sessions with his subordinates
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensive experience in Arabic Cuisine & Gulf States Cuisine
- MUST have knowledge of Qatari cuisine
- Must have knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations
- GCC experience is must
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience as chef de cuisine
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic is must
- Must have an excellent knowledge of HACCP standards
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork