Translated from Arabic, Meydan means ‘a meeting place’. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet.
Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet.
Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicenter of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
About the Role:
As a Waitress, you are responsible for providing Guests with food and drinks as requested in an efficient manner and according to proper procedure and bar regulations. A Waitress carries the responsibility of thoroughly understanding the menu, food offerings and food contents. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage an efficiently operated bar shift that is in accordance with the agreed standards and regulations
- Use every possible opportunity to gain knowledge in all areas of bar supervision
- Ensure all tables receive their drinks and food as requested
- Maintain the cleanliness of all equipment used during shifts
- Maintain cleanliness of the bar and stores to Health, Safety and Hygiene standards at all times.
- Show complete awareness of all the drink and food menus and readiness to explain and recommend food and drink contents
- Ensure that all before/after service mise en place is completed to the correct standard
- Comply with Company Health & Safety, and Fire Regulations and procedures
- Maximise revenue and increase average spend per person through upselling, high customer service standards, effective training and motivational techniques
- Demonstrate a perfect knowledge of all beverages served in the bar, how beverages are prepared (to recipe) and presented, and how Bar personnel are trained to possess this knowledge and the application of it
To be considered for this Role:
- Two Year of Hospitality Studies (Preferred)
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure