Sales Manager - Leisure
Translated from Arabic, Meydan means ‘a meeting place’. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet.
Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet.
Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicenter of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
About the Role:
As Sales Manager, you will be working under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales with the established policies, procedures oversees and implements all sales activities. To generate rooms for Meydan Hotels & Resort in Leisure segments.
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Responsible for Leisure buisness for Meydan Hotels & Resort.
- Attends major travel functions (i.e. trade shows, associations) that deal specifically with his/her designated areas).
- Establishes and maintains files on major active accounts.
- Interacts with other Sales Managers within the hotel and other hotels as well as individuals outside the hotel within his/her designated area(s) including, but not limited to, clients, local hotel associations, and other members of the local community.
- Plans sales trips, under the direct approval of Director of Sales & Marketing to major marketing areas in Dubai.
- Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing on potential markets needing coverage.
- Provides feedback to the Director of Sales & Marketing on changing market conditions, including trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail, in his/her market areas.
- Arranges FAM/Site inspection trips to hotels by major clients and accompanies clients.
- Disseminates sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Maintains a high level of exposure in the hotel major market areas through direct sales solicitation; telephone contacts, and written communications.
- Submit weekly sales activity report to the Director of Sales & Marketing. Establishes and monitor a Monthly Sales Report.
- Monitors new accounts and monthly productivity and report back. Develops prospects accounts, and implement a Sales Action Plan for each account.
- Drawing up offers and contracts and general correspondence with guests concerning his/ her segment.
- Keeps updated with new products in the market.
To be considered for this Role:
- You should have experience in Leisure Sales.
- You should be commercially focused and goal driven.
- You should be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience in UAE is a must