Full job details
Acknowledges, welcomes and departs all guests/visitors arriving to/from the hotel, providing assistance with guests' requests and information.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of:
- Scheduled daily activities.
- Daily arrivals/departures.
- Features and services provided by the hotel.
- Hours of operation for each outlet.
- Assist guests and visitors into and out of their vehicles.
- Greet arriving guests/visitors; bid farewell to departing guests/visitors and invite them to return.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Assist guests with loading/unloading luggage into and out of their vehicles.
- Provide legible claim tickets to guests for their luggage.
- Assure safety and security of all guest luggages.
- Open hotel doors for guests/visitors.
- Provide guests with directions to Front Desk check-in area.
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquires regarding destinations within the local area.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of local attractions and activities to recommend for guest inquiries.
- Ensure all guests are attended and being approached in the lobby.
- Ensure all guests are accompanied to desired location within the hotel.
- Answer department telephone using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Remain in assigned postposition, maintaining correct stance.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: Experience in the hospitality industry in a similar position.
- Education: High school diploma.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Provide legible communication and directions; compute basic arithmetic.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.