Full job details
Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates Bellmen and Doormen ensuring that all procedures are performed to the hotel's standards. Performs the daily responsibilities of these positions and assists where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests/visitors.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Evaluate the staffing requirements and prepare work schedules weekly, adhering to budget goals.
- Ensure that the Bell Desk is attended at all times; that all posting positions are maintained.
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands.
- Document any late or absent employees.
- Schedule and assign staff breaks.
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each employee (arrivals/departures, group functions, etc).
- Ensure staff's knowledge of hotel services, features and amenities.
- Assign specific tasks as they arise to the staff according to the rotation sequence.
- Answer Bell Desk telephone within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Document guest calls/requests for Bellman assistance.
- Maintain security and accurate record of all guest room keys issued to Bell/Door Staff.
- Monitor and ensure that Bell/Door Staff perform their job functions to the hotel's expected level of service.
- Assist Bell/Door Staff whenever necessary in performing all job functions.
- Conduct formal training program on the required job functions with criterion expected and department orientation with new hires. Conduct ongoing training with existing staff.
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Coordinate group luggage requirements.
- Prepare work orders for equipment repairs and distribute to Engineering.
- Monitor and maintain the condition of lobby, hotel entrance, Bell Desk and luggage storage areas.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records and tip distributions.
- Ensure that all pertinent information is documented in the logbook daily.
- Conduct performance appraisals of designated staff annually.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: Minimum two years’ experience as a Bellman in a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel;
previous supervisory experience.
- Education: High school diploma.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Thorough knowledge of hotel services and amenities; ability to compute basic
arithmetic; provide legible communication and directions; ability to ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training; direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.