HR and L&D Coordinator
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Vittaveli is a 20 minute boat ride from Male International Airport. Nestled in a spot of astounding beauty, this is the flawless setting for uninterrupted contentment and family recreation.
Informal yet elegant, with the perfect touch to fulfill every need, Jumeirah Vittaveli is a magical island escape that indulges and delights. Whether you dream of romantic togetherness or long to revel in playful leisure, an abundance of unparalleled choice, comfort and pleasure sets the stage for the freedom that Jumeirah Vittaveli unveils.
If you are excited by a challenge, have a can-do attitude and a passion for creating unique and memorable experiences; join us as we build a very special team in a region of outstanding natural beauty, rich heritage and unique culture.
Based in the Maldives, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented and motivated Sales Manager to join our Sales team.About the role
Provide administrative support to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Human Resources Department.
- Maintains colleague data in the Fusion system to ensure accuracy
- Provide updates on HR policies to ensure all colleagues are correctly informed.
- Liaise with managers on transfers, leaver, joiners, etc. to ensure that colleagues’ information is properly recorded.
- Follow up status of successful candidates, act as a mediator between the candidate, department head and Human Resources Manager / Assistant Manager in order to cover and obtain all appropriate information.
- Administer the on-boarding activities and induction plans for colleagues to ensure the arrival process is efficient and welcoming.
- Assist to maintain effective business processes in the HR/ L&D department to ensure efficiency and customer service.
- Ensure that all equipment in HR/L&D office are maintained to ensure maximum productivity
- Maintain internal communication mediums to ensure they are eye catching and current
- Administer the departure process in a professional and positive manner to ensure colleagues’ departure is managed efficiently and they leave with a good impression of Jumeirah
- Facilitates bookings (domestic, international) for all colleagues; ensures to obtain economical flights
- Liaise with the agent on the on-boarding of colleagues coming in to the resort in terms of visa and medical requirements
- Facilitates hotel bookings for colleagues as needed
- Liaise with insurance companies to update new hires and leavers
- Updates Notice Boards on a periodic basis
- Continuously give feedback to the HR team as regards to colleagues engagement.
- Actively participates on all colleagues activities
- Prepares and finalizes monthly boat calendar, events calendar and L&D training calendar
- Assists colleagues in reimbursements, cash advances, leave applications
- Liaise with L&D as regards to colleagues requests and requirements on training
- Ensures that colleagues birthday calendar and cards are updated and given on time
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require.
In order for you to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Minimum of 01 years work experience for a luxury hotel / resort
- Experience working in Island environment- preferred
- Experience in working in a resort style operation
- High level of written and verbal business English
- Proficient in Microsoft applications desirable