- To respond quickly and efficiently to all in-coming sales enquiries, by telephone, fax and email, preparing brochures as required
- The post-holder will be responsible for meeting a monthly and annual sales target by responding to all in-coming enquiries.
- Writing proposals, meeting clients, converting bookings and coordinating all details relating to the event.
- On occasion the post-holder will be required to duty manage the events. Reports will need to be prepared, including financial reports. Some pro-active sales activity will need to be conducted.
- To follow up all enquiries, preparing proposals where necessary and facilitating show rounds with potential clients to show them our facilities
- Contracting bookings and raising invoices
- Co-ordinating all details for the client, including food and beverage, AV equipment, entertainment, themes etc
- Promotion of our facilities to new and existing clients through a pro-active approach
- Responding to and co-ordinating all internal meeting requests
- Assisting in implementing the sales strategy as set by the Sales manager, and in association with the contracted banqueting caterers; including strategies for encouraging repeat business and up-selling.
- To record the progress of all enquiries and translate into a monthly report, including source of business trends, enquiry conversion rates, future predicted sales and other reports as directed by the sales manager
- Ensure an efficient tracking system of all event paper-work
- Up-keep of a client and agents database – updating where necessary to allow effective promotions
- Compilation of weekly overview sheets to all departments including communication and administration of ancillary services.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- University Degree or a Diploma is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- With strong administration skills.
- Enthusiastic to motivate and engage others.
- Personally credible with strong interpersonal skills.