Head Hostess (Hostess & Guest Relations )
Plan and coordinate group reservations, supervise and train the hostess at the restaurant. Manage the Hostess team and work closely with the Reservations team.
Maximize revenue opportunities in the areas of individual and group reservations. Demonstrate meticulous planning and coordination to guarantee success in the operational and functional management of the Respak reservation system. Be the first point of contact to welcome the guest to R’s and manage all table allocations.
- Be passionate about customer service with the capability of delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
- Prepare and implement SOP’s for reservations and hostess team management.
- Manage the daily reservations book and maximize bookings.
- Must work in collaboration with the Asst. Manager (CRM) for group reservations and assign tables in the restaurant and the lounge.
- Must use RESPAK reservations system to assign tables in the restaurant and the lounge.
- Manage and train the Hostess team. Schedule their rosters and assign daily duties.
- Adopt unique tele-marketing strategies to promote the restaurant.
- Notify Operations/Lounge Manager/Executive Chef of unusual incidents.
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained of all group reservations and filed in accordance with the company policy and procedures.
- Managing, coaching and uplifting the Front door/Hostess team.
Planning & Organizing
- Understand and perform all standards, policies and procedures relating to restaurant reservations, events and general guest services.
- Maintain proper record and storage of guest’s business cards and update the same in the Respak system.
- Administer the needs for host/hostess and reception desk.
- Plan & organise individual and group reservations in an immaculate manner to ensure that everything goes smoothly.
- Submit a weekly reports of reservation list, VIP guest visits, business cards and follow up action.
- Liaise with the Assistant Manager (CRM) to ensure that the guest/customer database is complete, updated regularly and has accurate details.
- Deliver training to the reservations team and hostess team.
- Capture reservations during the non-peak hours.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree (in Management/PR will be preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience in Reservations & Service. Must know RESPAK.
- Articulate planning & organizing skills.
- Excellent Communication skills
- People Skills - cultural awareness and the ability to liaise with different nationalities
- Time management - Ability to coordinate self and the entire team.
- Creativity – must be able to Think out of the Box and be resourceful.
- High level of IT skills.
- English – proficiency in spoken and written English
- Arabic – preferred
- Additional languages – preferred
54 hours/week exclusive of meal breaks, 6 days/week. Work schedule/roster depends upon the volume of business.
- To practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times in terms of grooming and uniform.