Assistant Restaurant Manager
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant. Oversee the inventory and ordering of food supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
Assist and ensure proper training and supervision of all the personnel, deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Food & Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
- Be passionate about customer service with the capability of delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make sound decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Responsible to train line staff organising and conducting comprehensive regular daily/weekly/ monthly training and tests ensuring full product knowledge of Food & Beverage for the FOH team.
- To be present at all times during normal and peak hours’ operation.
- Responsible to retain service standards in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Increase the level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through team member’s development, job engineering and quality image.
- Responsible for exceeding expectations of guest satisfaction by implementing and monitoring innovative and creative service skills.
- Ensure that guests receive the highest possible level of service to maintain overall satisfaction on a consistent basis.
- Responsible to evaluate, respond to and take necessary action regarding guest comments related to the restaurant.
- Build and maintain healthy guest relations with regulars and new visitors to the restaurant.
Planning and Organizing
- Be a good team player.
- Responsible for the set-up of the outlet with set standards of performance.
- Drive the team at all time to reach the KPI and mystery shopper targets
- Establish and maintain an efficient restaurant operation with an emphasis on a timely, productive and quality service.
- Maintain standards of Food & Beverage quality as per established standards, policies and procedures.
- Foster positive thinking and motivation within the outlet.
- Adherence to stock control and par stocks of Food & Beverage and of equipment (controlling costs)
- Manage and control equipments and assets
- Effective liaison with outsourced parties, stewarding and housekeeping staff.
- Good sound knowledge of related software, (Micros, Respack) and to set up cross training for all the staff.
- Be aware of all procedures and goals for Personal and Training activities.
- Maximize revenue through sales and increase the revenue through up-selling, effective training and motivational techniques.
- Responsible for the training of all restaurant team members to ensure consistent and high quality standards, discipline and build up high team morale.
- Assign areas of responsibility to operational staff.
- Conduct performance evaluation of line staff.
- Concern for team members and address their problems.
- Prepare the daily/weekly/monthly roster and annual leave vacation in co-ordination with the Operations and Kitchen team.
- Be fully aware of the restaurant licensing regulations, health and safety procedures and to follow them and ensure that all team members are fully trained.
- Understand and explain financial reports related to the restaurant revenue.
- Contribute to the profitability and guest patronage.
- Conduct daily team members’ communication meetings.
- Work in cooperation with the Executive Chef on menus and promotions
- Plan, organize and execute ‘group events’, parties, ‘festive events’ at the restaurant. Ensure success, profitability and guest satisfaction is achieved during these events.
- Contribute to the profitability of the Restaurant by increasing sales and generating new revenue ideas.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and employee costs.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and control costs.
- Control personnel costs according to the budget.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget of the Restaurant.
- Maintain par stock levels for operational equipment and maintain inventory control procedures.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree / Diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in F&B Operations and in a leadership role
- Proficient in fine dining service, procedures and functions, food planning, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping and preparation of reports.
- Ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of a busy restaurant, guest demands, simultaneously coordinate a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, multi task and work in a fast paced environment.
- English – proficiency and written English
- Arabic – preferred
- Additional language - preferred
Working Hours54 hours/week, 6 days/week, work schedules depend upon the volume of business.
- Practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times.
- Maintain the required standards of operational hygiene.