The Reservation Receptionist will handle the telephone lines for the restaurant reservations. This role entails to be the first impression of the restaurant. Must have pleasing telephone manners, be polite and professional in talking with clients guests prospects.
- Be passionate about customer service with the capability of smiling and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
- Responsible to book reservations for the restaurant and capture future bookings.
- Ensure that the Reservation telephone line and e-mail are answered promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Must use RESPAK software to take reservations, ensure that sms confirmation of his/her reservation has reached the guest.
- Monitor the reservations flow and accordingly motivate callers to capture reservations during non-peak hours when the restaurant is relatively empty.
- Follow the policies, procedures and schedules for the daily reservations and events at the restaurant.
- Positive attitude and belief in providing all guests with an enthusiastic customer service experience.
- Help to organise events in an immaculate manner to ensure that everything goes smoothly on the day.
- Working knowledge of social media – Facebook, twitter
- Liaise with potential clients to show them how Roberto’s can meet their needs. This will involve talking to them on the telephone about the restaurant area, smoking area, non-smoking area, lounge and terrace.
- High level of IT skills and able to complete own administration tasks on the computer.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and attention to detail on their reservation requests.
- Respond to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Attend trainings & department meetings.
- Deal with guest comments in a positive manner and take appropriate follow up action.
- Communicate the complaint handling procedure and corrective action to the Management.
- Maintain and update the guest database in Respak at 100% accuracy level.
- Responsible for understanding and performing all standards, policies and procedures relating to restaurant reservations.
- Responsible for communicating special information/requests to co-workers.
- Responsible for ensuring guests received the highest possible level of service to maintain overall satisfaction on a consistent basis.
- To build up good guest relationships with regulars and new callers.
- Adding and deleting names on the mailing list and update this list every month.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Diploma in Hospitality Management. Additional trainings preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Reservation Receptionist in a Restaurant.
- Preferably with hospitality background.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Working Hours54 hours/week exclusive of meal breaks, 6 days/week. Work schedule depends upon the volume of business.
Languages:English – proficiency and written English
- Arabic – preferred
- Additional language - preferred
- To practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times in terms of grooming and uniform.
- To maintain the required standards of operational hygiene