Director of Food & Beverage - Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, a spectacular five-star hotel, conference and banqueting destination that aspires to be the most outstanding family resort in the world. Vibrant and luxurious, Jumeirah Beach Hotel is Dubai's premier lifestyle destination, integrating exciting and exhilarating experiences designed for couples, families and friends.About the Role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly talented and experienced Director of Food & Beverage to join the Food & Beverage team at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the main purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership support to ensure the Food & Beverage function achieves its goals and positively contributes to the guest experience and profitability of the hotel.
Your main duties will include:
- Administrational: effective implementation and administration of company wide policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated company objectives and UAE legislation requirements, to develop and implement a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, liaise and coordinate with other departments if and when required to ensure the commercial sustainability of the operation, forecast, trend analyses, competitive surveys and budget.
- Operational: promotes an awareness of guest requirements throughout the organization, leads and assists in monitoring and analyzing the activities and trends of competitive Food and Beverage Operations, recommends to Mgmt. modernization of equipment, service methods, presentation and improved guest satisfaction, to be innovative and creative around the delivery of the offered products, ensures efficient communication across the F&B team, management in respective SBU, represents and decides on the direction of the F&B operation in each SBU , develops and coaches direct reports and promotes succession planning, interpersonal skills and communication skills are a must. To work in harmony with peers and colleagues and ensure that all Balance Score Card Targets are achieved.
- Financial: Monitor and Control F&B Profit and Loss, ensures financial strategy in the respective SBU, works on incremental revenue streams, be-cost effective and provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures.
- Other Duties: Adhere to Jumeirah Groups Guiding Principles and Hallmarks, lead by example, emphasize on recognition and award outstanding performance in the team, is a role model and coach to junior colleagues, carried out project work, conceptual work, implements best practices and improve systems.
- Is aware of social media and monitors feedback given on these channels and actively works on improving rankings and public opinion about Food and Beverage venues in JBH.
In order to be considered for this role you will possess an internationally recognised management qualification in Hotel or Business Management and have experience in the role of Director of Food & Beverage in a 5 star luxury property and large volume operation. It is an advantage if you have experience in restaurant refurbishment or development/concept development in a resort or beach property in the Middle East or Asia.
As well as the above, you should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills with focus on talent management and succession planning, creativity and innovation in food and beverage concepts and operations, and demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
You should have experience of working with and managing multicultural teams, have strong commercial acumen, a good command of the English language (spoken and written) and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.